gapgirlonmission

The confessions of a former shopoholic continue as I return to Belize for a second year this fall. Earlier posts tell tales from my first year in Belize as a volunteer teacher at Mt. Carmel High School in Benque Viejo del Carmen from 2004-2005. I will return to Belize this fall to work as a missionary on San Pedro, the "La Isla bonita" of Madonna's dreams and my home for the next year!

Saturday, August 21, 2004

Our Lady of Mt. Carmel, Pray for us!

I may leave in two days, but I still have nine whole days until I start teaching. So, in the Catholic world, we know what that means! Break out with the novena! The above is a link to the novena that myself and fellow missionaries Cathleen and Alison R. are praying in preparation for the first day of school.

I've broken out of my normal routine of packing for a trip the night before and have been trying to cram a semesters worth of clothing, books and coffee into two fifty pound suitcases. Is there a patron saint of packing?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home