gapgirlonmission

The confessions of a former shopoholic continue as I return to Belize for a second year this fall. Earlier posts tell tales from my first year in Belize as a volunteer teacher at Mt. Carmel High School in Benque Viejo del Carmen from 2004-2005. I will return to Belize this fall to work as a missionary on San Pedro, the "La Isla bonita" of Madonna's dreams and my home for the next year!

Monday, August 23, 2004

leaving... on a jet plane...

Well my friends, I'm flying out of here in about 10 hours. I'm almost all packed-- this was by far the most challenging trip I've ever packed for. Austria pales in comparison to having to bring a mattress pad, towels and any extra materials for teaching (meaning candles and religious pictures and cloth for my sacred spaces) and so on... Plus a coffee maker that I'm PRAYING for St. Caffiene of Java to protect (a real saint? Well, in some people's minds). So, this is it... The next time I write here I'll be in Belize!

2 Comments:

  • At 8:25 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Yay! You're doing it!!! Congrats! I can't wait to hear all about your adventures.

    BTW, you probably should allow anonymous comments on your blog, because then people who don't have blogger accounts can leave you a note to say hi.

    Don't forget to check out my blog - I have you listed in my links. Mine is www.vitacarminis.blogspot.com.

    Much love and I hope your coffee maker works!

     
  • At 10:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey Alison,

    It is Ashley Pittman from Altar Serving! Wow! I cannot believe it you are all the way in Belieze! That is really cool! My father has been there, but not for missions. We were so surprised in computer class when we heard about your awesome job. We were very eager to e-mail, post, or do what ever to contact you. I thought your post about the girls in your class being boy crazy was so funny, it reminds me of my friends! :) What kind of other things are the girls intrested in? Most likely what ever my friends and I are into. If they ask we are intrested in sports, music, boys, clothes, and shopping. My friends and I are inspired by your work and maybe we will have the same calling!

    ttyl (talk to you later!),

    Ashley Pittman;)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home