gapgirlonmission

The confessions of a former shopoholic continue as I return to Belize for a second year this fall. Earlier posts tell tales from my first year in Belize as a volunteer teacher at Mt. Carmel High School in Benque Viejo del Carmen from 2004-2005. I will return to Belize this fall to work as a missionary on San Pedro, the "La Isla bonita" of Madonna's dreams and my home for the next year!

Thursday, March 09, 2006

please pray!

Sorry to overshadow the light-hearted anecdote listed below, but I have an urgent appeal for prayers. A student that my friend Ali taught last year at Mt. Carmel High School attempted suicide this morning and is now in very serious condition. He’s being taken to Belize City right now, hopefully the hospital there is more advanced and will be able to help him. His name is Bernard, he’s in second form (a sophomore) right now and is just an awesome kid—it’s a joy to be in his presence. He was able to receive his first communion and make his first confession this afternoon. Please pray for him!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home