gapgirlonmission

The confessions of a former shopoholic continue as I return to Belize for a second year this fall. Earlier posts tell tales from my first year in Belize as a volunteer teacher at Mt. Carmel High School in Benque Viejo del Carmen from 2004-2005. I will return to Belize this fall to work as a missionary on San Pedro, the "La Isla bonita" of Madonna's dreams and my home for the next year!

Wednesday, November 10, 2004

prayer request!

I know I've been pretty quiet down here, I'll talk soon I promise. I just wanted to post a prayer request for my girls classes who are going on retreat tomorrow. The theme of the retreat is prayer, just pray that they will be able to be open and experience some genuine conversion...

As a side note, winter has arrived. It's currently in the lower 70's and our kids are SO COLD. It's so funny to see them shivering in the classroom when the breeze comes in! (well, funny in a cultural sense, not a "I want to see my students in pain" sense, ok?).

1 Comments:

  • At 12:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Al,
    I am all caught up now on your Belize adventures. You would be amused to see me, Steph Byrne, teaching religion, because I used to laugh at the Sr. Johanna students making little "altars" (sacred spaces) and learning methods, and now it's my job to incorporate a "celebration" day with the catechesis and all that jazz. One day the fourth graders were out of control in Mass so I made them write apology letters to Jesus, which turned out as sweet and funny as your essays on misbehavior. I'm DEFINITELY praying for you and the other FUS ladies especially; I see lots of parallels in our new lives (how can I forget you as I wear my Java Jane shirt? That's one thing I didn't give away!). More on the insanity of religious life later.
    In Our Lady of Mount Carmel and St. Caffeine,
    YOUR MOM

     

Post a Comment

<< Home